On the 10th of December 2018 we organized a study visit to La Rueca, winner of the Call for Good Practices under the category of inclusive employment. With their practice Technological Second Chance School, La Rueca proved great potential for inclusive innovation and the activity focused on better knowing their work and getting inspired by it.
The Technological Second Chance School is an integral socio-labour insertion initiative that offers insertion opportunities to young people with abandonment of regulated training profiles and who are outside the labour market and/or have low employability. During this activity organizations learnt more about its methodology, which involves:
1. DIY (Do it Yourself) culture: learning by doing
2. Learning trough trial and error
3. Learning process based in stablishing challenges
4. Creating and picking-up new opportunities
5. Breaking the gender digital gap
6. Skills and competencies development
7. Technological solutions to social needs
8. The person is at the epicenter of the learning process
It was a wonderful chance to reflect on how digitalization can be more inclusive and the key of education for making it accessible to groups at risk of exclusion.