What are they?
Forward-Looking Projects are large-scale projects that aim to identify, develop, test and/or assess innovative (policy) approaches that have the potential of becoming mainstreamed, thus improving education and training systems.
The goal is to support transnational cooperation projects implementing a coherent and comprehensive set of sectoral or cross-sectoral activities that either:
- foster innovation in terms of scope, ground-breaking methods and practices, and/or
- ensure a transfer of innovation (across countries, policy sectors or target groups), thus ensuring at European level a sustainable exploitation of innovative project results and/or transferability into different contexts and audiences.
Project proposals can address one of these three different lots:
Lot 1: Digital education (cross-sectoral).
Lot 2: Vocational Education and Training (VET)
Lot 3: Adult learning
Examples of activities that can be funded
- Action research, mapping work, producing large-scale sectoral or cross-sectoral outputs;
- Transnational capacity-building activities such as training, the analysis of policy contexts, policy-research, institutional adjustments;
- Pilot activities to test innovative solutions;
- Large-scale transnational events or networking activities, either sectoral or cross-sectoral;
- Exploitation activities to spread results to the educational community or sector;
- Think-tank activities, researching and experimenting with innovative ideas.
Who can apply?
The applicants (coordinator and full partners) must be:
- public or private organisations/entities that are active in the fields of education and training or in the world of work;
- established in an EU Member State or third country associated to the Programme
The minimum number of and requirements for the partners depend on the specific lot you are applying for. Please, check the call document to obtain more detailed information.
15 March 2023 at 17:00, Brussels time.
This action follows a lump sum funding model. The amount of the single lump sum contribution will be determined for each grant based on the estimated budget of the action proposed by the applicant.
The maximum EU grant per project is as follows:
For Lot 1 – Digital Education (Cross-sectoral): EUR 1,500,000
For Lot 2 - Vocational Education and Training (VET) : EUR 900,000
For Lot 3 - Adult education (AE): EUR 1,000,000