The first Call for Proposals of EUI - Innovative Actions is targeting innovative projects focusing on the New European Bauhaus that fully integrate the three NEB core values of sustainability, inclusiveness, and aesthetics. The aim is to provide all citizens with access to goods that are circular and less carbon-intensive, that support the regeneration of nature and protect biodiversity.
Although the call is not prescriptive regarding the nature of the proposals, cities are encourgaed to consider these four topics as they have the potential to generate innovative solutions and are fully aligned with the European Cohesion Policy:
- Construction and renovation in a spirit of circularity and carbon neutrality
- Preserving and transforming cultural heritage
- Adapting and transforming buildings for affordable housing solutions
- Regenerating urban spaces
- Any urban authority comprising at least 50.000 inhabitants.
- An association or grouping of urban authorities with or without of legal status as organized agglomeration where the total combined population is at least 50 000 inhabitants.
Each project can get up to a maximum of EUR 5 million ERDF co-financing and project implementation should take place within a maximum period of 3,5 years.
Applicants will be assisted during the entire application process through a EUI-IA Guidance, in person applicant seminars, online Q&A sessions, one-to-one consultations, and a self-assesment tool.
The Call for Proposals is open from 10th October 2022 and closes on 19th January 2023 at 14h00 CET