Training Course: Let's Dream Wider! - Identity, Vision, Action.
We invite you to participate in the 6-day training course “Let’s dream wider!”, from 24 - 29th April 2023, including travel days, in Würzburg, Germany.
Do you also dream about a society where everybody is included? Diversity and social inclusion are essential components of living together. Nonetheless, a lot of (young) people experience some form of exclusion.
Aim : This training course aims to equip participants to have a more inclusive approach in their (youth) work. It will be a helpful resource for participants to be vulnerable in a safer space, where being open is embraced.
Instead of focusing on differences we will emphasize connections: with yourself, with other participants and within your respective communities.
We propose to take you along in a new way of creating a concrete action plan for a specific change that you can implement in your daily life.
Objectives and learning outcomes
When discussing diversity, the conversation often revolves around difficulties, discrimination or victimization. To give you an insight of what to expect in this training course, keep on reading!
- We will work together to create an inclusive (short term) community among ourselves;
- We will explore the challenges and limitations of “inclusion”;
- We will try out Dragon Dreaming project design to support yourself and to make a change in your community;
- We will look at systemic discrimination and how to challenge it in youth work;
- We will support you to develop an action plan to take home so you are ready for the next inclusive steps on your diversity journey.
- We will hold space for you and invite you to share your professional and personal experiences about social inclusion;
- We will use non-formal and innovative methods as well as empowering language;
- We will explore the participants’ experiences, including the intersectional ones;
- We, as a team of professional trainers in the field of youth work, will also bring our experiences related to social inclusion and share concrete examples of our past projects;
- We will go through a learning journey together, where you will be the main actor*actress;
There will be opportunities for group and peer-to-peer support during and after the training.