It is the yearly competition organised by DG REGIO since 2008 and has become the Europe’s label of excellence for EU-funded projects, which demonstrate innovative and inclusive approaches to regional development.
In 2021, the REGIOSTARS are focussed on five areas that are crucial part of the EU’s regional policy:
- SMART Europe: Increasing the competitiveness of local businesses in a digital world
- GREEN Europe: Green and resilient communities in urban and rural setting
- FAIR Europe: Fostering inclusion and anti-discrimination
- URBAN Europe: Promoting green, sustainable and circular food systems in functional urban areas
- TOPIC OF THE YEAR: Enhancing green mobility in the regions: European Year of Rail 2021
In 2021 the finalists are invited to training sessions on communication as part of the European Week of Regions and Cities in October. The winners in the five categories, and the winner of the public choice, will receive their well-deserved price at the festive REGIOSTARS ceremony, to take place in Dubrovnik, Croatia in December 2021.
The winners of the five categories will also get a paid media partnership worth EUR 5 000.
The Guide for Applicants provides all the necessary information with a detailed description of this year’s award categories, the eligibility and award criteria, and practical information on the application process.
You can check it here