Knowledge Alliances aim at strengthening Europe's innovation capacity and at fostering innovation in higher education, business and the broader socio-economic environment.
The main attention is turned to projects that contribute to the modernization of Europe's higher education systems as outlined:
- tackling future skills mismatches and promoting excellence in skills development;
- building inclusive and connected higher education systems;
- ensuring higher education institutions contribute to innovation;
- supporting effective and efficient higher education systems.
The following list provides examples of activities:
- Boosting innovation in higher education, business and in the broader socio-economic environment.
- Developing entrepreneurial mind-set and skills.
- Stimulating the flow and exchange of knowledge between higher education and enterprises
The duration of the projects should be 2 or 3 years. The duration has to be chosen at the application stage, based on the objective of the project and on the type of activities planned over time.
The following Programme Countries can fully take part in all Erasmus+ Programme actions:
— the Member States of the European Union,
— the EFTA/EEA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway,
— EU candidate countries: Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Serbia. In addition, certain Erasmus+ Programme actions are open to organisations from partner countries. Please refer to the Erasmus+ Programme Guide for further details on the modalities of participation.
For British applicants: Please be aware that eligibility criteria must be complied with for the entire duration of the grant.
The deadline for submitting applications is 28 February at 12:00 (midday Brussels time) for projects starting on 1 November of the same year or 1 January of the following year.