The thematic focus of SO 1.2 is on social entrepreneurship. The potential of social entrepreneurship is not fully used due to lacking skills and an underdeveloped eco-system with fragmented and unstable support structures. At the same time there is quite some variation across central Europe.
The aim is to enrich, improve and exploit outputs and results that were developed and achieved by projects of the first and second call (as listed at the end of this document) in order to:
- Provide better support to existing social enterprises;
- Foster the creation of new social businesses;
- Improve the overall policy and support framework to social economy sector.
The thematic focus of the call is restricted to seven topics addressed by 44 projects funded in the first two calls, we would like to highlight:
II. Social entrepreneurship, priority 1, 1.2: To improve skills and entrepreneurial competences for advancing economic and social innovation in central European regions
The number of partners and the project financial size shall reflect the scope of a project and be related to activities foreseen in the work plan. Accordingly, there is no recommended minimum or maximum size of a partnership 1 or project budget.
The following co-financing rates apply:
- Up to 85 % for applicants from Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia;
- Up to 80 % for applicants from Austria, Germany, Italy;
- Up to 80 % for applicants located in EU regions outside the Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE Programme area.
In case of EGTCs covering geographical areas in which different co-financing rates apply, the co-financing rate applicable to the EGTC is the one of the country in which it is registered.
In the framework of the fourth call for proposals, the maximum project duration is 24 months, taking into account that the latest possible end date for a project is 30 June 2022.
Project proposals must be submitted by the lead applicant through the eMS at the latest by Friday, 5 July 2019 at 13:00 CET.