Projects should contribute to all of the following expected outcomes:
- Analyse the main drivers of inequality trends, considering both inequality of opportunities and inequality of outcomes in terms of conditions of life, economic resources and health, analyse the interplay between inequalities in different spheres of life, and identify policy factors for tackling them.
- Identify and analyse different drivers of inequalities at the local, regional, national and supranational level and identify the governance levels best placed to act.
- Produce research evidence, guidance and recommendations for policy-makers, social partners, firms and stakeholders to tackle unsustainable trends and reverse inequalities.
- Understand key drivers of increasing territorial inequalities and identify policy factors at different governance levels for tackling urban and rural decline.
- Understand how people perceive these inequalities (depending on culture, age, gender, etc.)
Proposals for topics under this Destination should set out a credible pathway to contributing to the following targeted expected impacts of the Horizon Europe Strategic Plan:
- Social and economic resilience and sustainability are strengthened through a better understanding of the social, ethical, political and economic impacts of drivers of change (such as technology, globalisation, demographics, mobility and migration) and their interplay.
Inclusive growth is boosted and vulnerabilities are reduced effectively through evidence-based policies for protecting and enhancing employment, education, social fairness and tackling inequalities, including in response to the socio-economic challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic.