This action contributes to the development of sustainable and inclusive socio-economic growth in Partner Countries and should ensure development and EU external actions objectives and principles, including national ownership, social cohesion, equity, proper geographical balance and diversity. Special attention will be given to the least developed countries, universities in more remote areas, as well as to disadvantaged students from poor socio-economic backgrounds and to students with special needs.
Two categories of projects are supported:
- Joint Projects: aimed at producing outcomes that benefit principally and directly the organisations from eligible Part-ner Countries involved in the project. Types of activities:
- curriculum development;
- modernisation of governance, management and functioning of HEIs;
- strengthening of relations between HEIs and the wider economic and social environment.
- Structural Projects: aimed at producing an impact on higher education systems and promoting reforms at national and/or regional level in the eligible Partner Countries. Categories of activities:
- modernisation of policies, governance and management of higher education systems;
- strengthening of relations between higher education systems and the wider economic and social environment.
The duration of capacity-building Projects can be of two or three years. The duration must be chosen at application stage, based on the objective of the project and on the type of activities foreseen over time.
The following Programme Countries can fully take part in all Erasmus+ Programme actions:
— the Member States of the European Union,
— the EFTA/EEA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway,
— EU candidate countries: Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Serbia. In addition, certain Erasmus+ Programme actions are open to organisations from partner countries. Please refer to the Erasmus+ Programme Guide for further details on the modalities of participation.
For British applicants: Please be aware that eligibility criteria must be complied with for the entire duration of the grant.
The deadline for submitting applications is 7 February at 12:00 (midday Brussels time) for projects starting on 15 November of the same year or 15 January of the following year.