The European Digital Skills Awards 2018 will recognise initiatives that have improved the digital skills of Europeans at school, at work, for ICT specialists, for girls and women and in society in general.
The Awards are a great opportunity for nominees to showcase their projects, as the winners and four runners up in each category will be invited to exhibit their project at the ICT 2018 conference in Vienna as a reward.
Winning projects will be selected in the following five categories:
- Digital skills for all – developing digital skills to enable all citizens to be active in our digital society
- Digital skills for the labour force – developing digital skills for the digital economy, e.g. upskilling and reskilling workers, jobseekers; career advice and guidance
- Digital skills for ICT professionals – developing high-level digital skills for ICT professionals in all industry sectors
- Digital skills in education – transforming the teaching and learning of digital skills in a lifelong learning perspective, including the training of teachers
- Digital skills for girls and women – taking actions to develop digital skills for women and girls
The jury will assess the impact of the project, the synergies between different stakeholders involved, the scalability and replicability of the initiative and the originality and clarity of presentation of the project.
The initiative must cover one or multiple EU Members States or EFTA countries, and have started and shown results between the 1 January 2016 and 30 October 2018.
The final deadline for the submission of projects is 21 October 2018.
Here is the application form: https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/DS_award_2018